Monday, January 23, 2006

A little progress is being made...

Have finally completed the 10 postcards for the Beyond the Sea swap. I'm very happy with the outcome. Now to begin work again on the shower curtain... I have added borders to it, and am in the throes of populating the undersea portion of the curtain. I did not want to have the finished curtain to look as if it has layers of things, one atop the other...so removed a few of the pieces of seaweed on the left side of it and machine embroidered a small group of angel fish down then reapplied the seaweed so that it appears they are swimming amongst the greenery. I was thinking this would shortly be finished, but as I look at it, it really needs more work to complete it than originally planned. I do have a bad habit of thinking that my creations need perhaps just one more object added to them, only to find that I am adding many more! Today's plans include locating my coral colored fabric for the sea coral and hopefully beginning to stitch some of it down. It seems with each addition that it becomes more lifelike and in the end will make a wonderful statement!

No new pictures yet...perhaps after I get a bit of the color of the flora and fauna of the undersea applied (that way it looks as if I had worked harder on completing this project!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home