Friday, February 03, 2006

Strange things happen....

when you try too hard, or work too fast! I have been adding machine embroidered motifs to my shower curtain quilt...and was either tired, or...at any rate, I really goofed up on one design, a 4x4 angel fish. Needless to say taking the stitches out was not any fun, some of them just could not be removed! Now what was I going to do? I have a good month plus invested in this project, although I have taken time to do other things, never was good at just working on one project at a time! I'm thinking that there is no way I can patch this blunder of mine and make it look acceptable to anyone looking at it. After thinking it over for a couple of days, knowing that anothe design would not cover the mistakes still evident in the now sad looking corner of the curtain, I decided to look through an older set of encyclopedias to see what could be used to cover my mess and come out looking like it actually belonged in this project. I finally determined that I could add a moon jellyfish to the scene, and it would probably fit in...but I had no idea how to begin drawing one...so the internet was my next stop. After a few hours of searches I discovered that the first site I had visited would be the best to return to for they had a sketch of a moon jelly that although too large for my spot I could redraw it to fit into the location. For those of you who do not know about jellyfish, they are transparent, what on earth can I use to create a reasonable looking jelly and not have to use something that is non-existant in my stash! After searching through my stash, I discovered a fat quarter of a very pale blue with darker blue spatters on it that were very tiny and almost non-existant to the viewing of it. I determined I could use it, and since the moon jelly has a 4-leaf clover shape on the top that appeared to me was of a lavender color, I also dug out a scrap of a very pale lavender and went to work. Here is my end result, and I believe that it is a fairly good representation of the jelly fish. Quilting will add some dimension to it so it will actually turn this disaster into a new design element for the curtain. I am happy with the results!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home