Friday, April 28, 2006

More Ketchup please...

When this playing catchup (or ketchup as some folks say) is tough! It is definitely a better thing to keep up than catch up!

I sometimes get a one track mind, focusing on only one of the many endeavors I have cooking in my brain. And I by no means meant to overlook that I had also created both the March Fairie Goddess of Good Luck and the April Fairie Goddess of Rebirth or Spring, who are challenge blocks from the Fairie Goddess Mothers yahoo group I belong to...March did get waylaid for a few weeks, but here she is in all her glory. Our colors were green and gold, nothing better for celebrate the wearing o' of green, in my humble opinion. I am more Irish than anything else, although can also lay claim to some Iriquois Indian as well as Scot, German, French in a very minute quantity, as well as a tad bit of Dutch....simply put, I am an American!



And here is my April Goddess... Colors are yellow, pink, green and white...I think it turned out nice. Plan to add some yellow flowers, perhaps daffodils by doing a bit of machine embroidery on this block prior to setting it into a quilt. Now up to having 4 of these beauties completed, this is going to be one fantastic quilt come the end of the year.



Today I had to bid farewell to a faithful companion, my Brother 180D embroidery only machine. I sold it to a member of one of the groups I am on, and I know it will have a good home. It was and is a terrific machine. I hope she loves it as much as I did. I upgraded to a Brother ULT 2003, and am loving it. As I do a lot of my own digitizing, I like being able to digitize designs that are larger, I find I can get more detail in them. This friend I sold it to will be very surprised when she sees the bounty I included with the machine...I sent her all the fixings to get started embroidering right away...stabilizers, thread, designs, and all the necessary advice I could jam into that carton! I just hope I did not overwhelm her with the advice...I do have a tendency to get wordy when I am passionate about a subject!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home