Tuesday, October 31, 2006

IT'S BEEN AWHILE....BUT I'M BACK!!!

It has been a while since I've posted, but to be honest with you, I have been really busy. Not all in the creative field, although I have done a bit of that also. My mother, who is 87 yrs old took a fall and I have been tending her, and traveling that 40 miles per day in heavy traffic is no fun, believe me! But as she is getting her land feet back now, I have more time to devote to perhaps keeping up to date as to what day it is, and what I am doing here on earth. Let me add, that is it not a neat thing to be the parent figure when it is your own parent you are attempting to be the parent to! I know, say that five times quickly and see what you come up with...chaos!

However, I have done a little creative work. At present am quilting a baby quilt for a first time mom...and am about finished with it, then on to other projects. I still attempt to keep my nose in other peoples business, after all, I would not be me if I did not do that.

One nice thing about retirement is that your time is your own, till someone needs your assistance. I have found time to keep myself in the loop as far as being creative. I have made a few post cards, am involved in a monthly quilt block trade with others in one of the groups I am in, the theme being Wonderous Wings, and the blocks are small, just little 6" square ones with, so far, a butterfly block, bumblebees, bats (yes, the October winged thing!), and most recently little lady bugs. I also finished my Dreamwatcher fairie, and actually wrote a story about how she came to be. The name of my fairie is Victoria, the Valentine Fairie of Love. I attempted to upload a photo of her, but alas, Blogger is having problems again with that particular part of their software, so will attempt to post it later.

I received a very nice letter from the Hygenic Gallery in Connecticut, how wonderful to be thanked by the very person who actually purchased my card! I felt so honored to be a part of their fund raiser back in July, and to have had Kathy purchase my card after a bit of furious bidding in a silent auction, was really the best thing to happen to me in a long while. The name of the card I submitted was "Evening in Paris at the Lido, Circa 1964".

Well that is it for this posting. I am going to attempt to keep up with this much better than I have been...let's see what tomorrow brings....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home