Friday, May 05, 2006

I'm a Goddess Girl x 5!!!

So what? you say...well at the Fairie Goddess Mothers Yahoo Group, that means that I have completed the monthly challenge for the fifth time! I have made my May Goddess and it is only the 3rd of the month...well, technically the 4th, as it is after midnight, but to me still the 3rd...won't be the 4th till I have slept! Always seems to be a race to see whom will finish the first one of the month...perhaps I will be first this month...been awhile since I was first on this particular task. The Fairie Goddess block is a challenge that is issued monthly by List Mom, Linda Poole, who has designed the pattern for this little beauty, and in my estimation is one terrific artist, amongst other things!
This fairie is the Goddess of Self-Confidence, Style, Grace and Self-Assurance. I thought that mine needed a lot of self-confidence to show herself this month...she is decked out in violet, both for body and wings, and I would think that any self respecting fairie who ventured outdoors in violet would have to be very self-confident! Imagine dancing among the violets (which by the way are in bloom here in the Pacific Northwest) and someone comes along to pick a bouquet, if you were this fairie, you would certainly have to be quick to avoid being plucked from the ground and included in that bouquet! If you have been following these quilt blocks each month, you will notice that each heart held high above her head is a different color. I decided that the heart would be a great place to use the color of the birthstone for that month...May's birthstone is the Emerald...a beautiful gem in my opinion. After I get all the blocks finished and the quilt made, I plan to purchase CZ gems with flat backs to put in each of the hearts as an embellishment. I will also include machine embroidered flowers in each block, the flower for May is the lily of the valley, and I love that flower.

Well that's it for tonight, tomorrow I will begin thread painting the shower curtain again. Got more colors of thread in my stash now and should be able to do a bit of stitchery on it to spark it up a bit.

Hugs, y'all...remember, I'm a Goddess Girl x5 now!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home