Saturday, November 04, 2006

Still having photo posting problems...

Well I thought I was computer savvy, however I do not know how to fix this problem of not being able to post a photo. I really wanted to share my newest fairie with you, but it will have to wait till later. I will try again before this is finished for if I am anything, it is determined!

I have been attempting for the past 5 years to replicate a recipe for Chili Relleno's. I used to visit with my sister when she was alive, down in Los Angeles at least 4-6 times a year and each time for a good week, sometimes two weeks. She introduced me to a wonderful little Mexican restaurant on Euclid Avenue in Anaheim that made the most awesome Chili Relleno's. I got rather friendly with the proprietor and tried my best to get the recipe from him, but he always said that the recipe was his mother's and he did not know all that she did to the chili's to get them the way she did. Anyway, last Wednesday I was at the grocers and purchasing more Anaheim peppers to attempt it one more time. There was a Mexican man and woman picking over the jalapeno peppers and filling a plastic bag full of them at that, and we began talking. I was asked what I was going to prepare and told them the story of trying to make chili relleno's as good as the ones I had eaten in CA. The lady immediately asked more questions as to what part I was having problems with, and then gave me her recipe right there in the store! I got all the required ingredients, came home and followed her directions, and voila! They tasted the same as the famous ones I had eaten so long ago. My mom also loved these, so today I took a serving over for her to have for her lunch, and she only had one complaint about them....she wished I would have brought more for her! She actually raved about how great they were, so now I can make this food of the gods any time I so desire, as long as the Anaheim peppers are in the store that is! Mom and I have tried Chili Relleno's in every Mexican restaurant in our area, and have had a few that were not even edible in our opinions, others that just did not have the special flavor of those we remembered from the south. Tomorrow I am headed to the grocers again and will get as many of the peppers as I can for these things even taste good after being frozen!

This is good weather for the spicy hot foods of the south, we are being drenched with uncommon amounts of rainwater, flooded streets, storm drains being clogged with the leaves that the wind blew off the trees all week long. Not a good time for this amount of rain to fall upon us. We have had snow in the mountains, but I would imagine what with the warmer weather we have had, and now this deluge of water, that not much of the snow remains...and there goes the chance for the snow birds to be skiing over the Thanksgiving 4-day weekend. I can almost hear them moaning about it now! I am not a skiier, have no desire to freeze my buns on a mountain top! I only want snow to stay on the mountain so I can take wonderful pictures of it, and for the replenishments of our resevoirs for plentiful water next summer. We have had water rationing where I live for two summers running now, and it is time for replenishment! We may even see a snowfall here in Tacoma, but they are short lived around here.

Well still unable to get a photo posted, so will sign off for tonight...

2 Comments:

Blogger Ginabee said...

Sounds wonderfully yummy .. care to share the recipe? I love hot and spice food but don't know about getting anaheim peppers on the other side of the country!

5:56 AM  
Blogger Alikat said...

Hi Carmen good to see you posting, can I suggest you try either upgrading your browser to IE7 or even try changing to Firefox. When I was having trouble posying photo's this helped me.

2:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home