Thursday, November 09, 2006

Another project finished, and one almost finished!

I have finished my Dreamholder...a tiny triangular shaped box to hold my dreams...or perhaps a very rich chocolate treat, or even a special jewel. At any rate, I have created a new item, using a pattern that is available in the Nov/Dec 2006 issue of Quilt Maker magazine, by the same name....Dream Holder.

As each side is different, I had to post pictures of all three sides of it. It was not a difficult item to create, and had plenty of room on each petal of the top portion to really go crazy with the embellishments.
















I am nearing the completion of the quilt...working on the border now, and it is moving along very nicely. Photos will be posted once it is delivered to the recipient. I am very pleased with the way it is turning out...a wonderful quilt for a truly wonderful occasion in my opinion.

This past week has seen some really horrendous weather for the Pacific Northwest. We had, in just 6 days, more rain than we normally get all month long. On the 6th we got almost 4 inches of rain in a 24 hour period...and flooding has occurred in many counties, some which had not seen this type devastation in over 30 years. I am thinking that this may be just a forerunner in what our winter weather may hold in store for us. Luckily I live atop a hill, and not on the edge of the hillside either. There have been mud slides in those areas where people had constructed homes and are now seeing the error of their ways. I would have thought that the planners at the county level would not have approved building permits for homes to be built in those areas, but there are always people who want an unobstructed view of either the water of Puget Sound, or a terrific view of Mount Rainier. Having worked in the constructon end of the school business, I have oftentimes wondered about the advisibility of constructing a residence or even a business near a cliffside, even if we had not had that 100 year flood in 95 years! Seems like the numbers would tell you that sooner or later it would or could happen.

I guess that is another good thing about retirement...lots of time to think these things over and come to the determination that it is something that I would never do.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sharon said...

That is about the cutest thing I have ever seen!!!

9:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home