Friday, November 24, 2006

New Projects Begun

This is my journal quilt page for November on the Fiber Art Traders group. I have named it "Life is like a box of chocolates... you never know what you're gonna get" from the Forest Gump movie. I gave this a lot of thought, Our theme was to be "In a Word", later included a phrase or a word. In that the phrase is definitely a true one when I think of what life has dished out to me...so it was an appropriate journal quilt for me to make. I was so excited about having chosen to do a phrase, as one word didn't really say much to me. I firmly believe this project is perfect for me, and it only took me about 4 hours from taking the photo of a box of chocolates, to completing the last stitch in it. I was lucky to have fabric to finish off the photo appropriately available at the nearest store to me...Wal-Mart, of all places. But it gives it the look I was searching for when I though about how I could create the quilt. I like it a lot!

My cyber friend from Oklahoma, Lena Dalke, sent me a photo of her with her
13 yr old grandson, taken yesterday. Her daughter, Vicki Stegall owns a web site called OScraps, which deals with virtual scrapbooking elements. Vicki took the photo then cropped it to create this photo montage. When Lena sent me the photo this a.m., I thought I would create a journal quilt for her with it. So tonight I am going to finish it and will mail it off to her on Monday. I will post a photo of it when it is finished...she will be so surprised! In the meantime here is the photo taken by Vicki...

I have finished a few postcards this past week also. The first one is for a Snowflake postcard trade, and is called "All my friends seem a little flakey"...

This next postcard is also for the snowflake trade, and reads "All my friends are flakes" and has a perky little!"snowflake on it with a face in the center....the third card for this trade is a very pretty snowflake, but inside it says "Let it snow"

That's all for now...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home